Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

A bit of fun

I love doing mechanical things, so I stripped down the differential and the gearbox as per these instructions. I have never been able to figure out how to set the differential, but I think it has worked well enough. Regardless of the success I had good fun anyway. With the diff and gearbox cleaned and setup I taped my camera to the top of the car and put it back to RC control. I have always wanted to be able to see what my car sees when I drive it.



I thought that the bubble wrap might help if it flipped... more fool me. This is the first test drive, I thought that the slipper clutch was too loose.


After tightening the slipper clutch I had another drive.


The third video cannot be posted after the car hit a bump and flipped. The good news is that the camera survived, but the video didn't. The bubble wrap didn't make much difference, the camera is nicely scratched now. It also turns out that tire glue is essential...


Also it might be a better idea not to use soft carpet tires outside as well. I'll get back to writing up the infra red sensor post now.

No comments:

Post a Comment